EAT EAST – NEW RESTAURANTS JOIN EAST AUSTIN DINING SERIES
New Restaurant Promotion – Eat East – Continues 1st Tuesday of the month through Spring 2016.
Eat East, is a popular neighborhood restaurant promotion that launched in the summer of 2015. Now a monthly series, it features restaurants located in central East Austin. The series will continue through spring 2016 with the addition of new participants.
Restaurants that have joined the series include:
- SPUN Ice Cream
- Licha’s Cantina
- Counter Café East
- Mongers Market + Kitchen
- Hi Hat Public House
All the restaurants in “Eat East” will be offering a special for $10 or under on the first Tuesday of the month.
Eat East was created by Victor Farnsworth (General Manager/Co-owner) and Chad Dolezal (Chef/Co-owner) of The Hightower (1209 East 7th Street).
The Eat East dining series is meant to further develop the food scene in East Austin, and encourage the Austin community to experience the growing restaurant and bar scene of East Central Austin. Since opening The Hightower in January 2014, Dolezal and Farnsworth have enjoyed getting to know the owners of neighboring eateries and bars.
Eat East participating restaurants:
- The Hightower: 1209 E 7th St. –DWS Review
- Spartan Pizza: 1007 E 6th St.
- Gelateria Gemelli: 1009 E 6th St.
- Buenos Aires Café: 1201 E 6th St.
- Silo: 1300 E 7th St. –DWS Review
- Gardner Austin: 1914 E 6th St.
- Tamale House East: 1707 E 6th St. –DWS Review
- Weather Up: 1808 E Cesar Chavez
- Jacoby’s Restaurant & Mercantile: 3235 E Cesar Chavez
- Maggie Louise Confections: 1017 E 6th St.
- Hillside Farmacy: 1209 E 11th St
- Licha’s Cantina: 1306 East 6th St.
- Wright Bros. Brew & Brew: 500 San Marcos St., #105
- East Side Showroom: 1100 East 6th St.
- 100 Pizzitas: 900 E 7th St.
- SPUN Ice Cream: 1912 East 7th St., Suite D –DWS Review
- Mongers Market + Kitchen: 2401 E. Cesar Chavez
- Counter Café East: 1914 E. 6th St.
- Hi Hat Public House: 2121 E 6th St.
- Fukumoto: 514 Medina St.
Follow the participating restaurant’s Facebook pages and social media accounts for information on exact specials. And check them out on the first Tuesday of each month, or anytime, day or night! FaceBook Event Page #eateast