Probably the only thing better than having a birthday, is to have your birthday on Halloween. You get the benefit of having all your friends and family dress up and a chance to throw a badass costume party. So when Lick Honest Ice Creams decided to host their 5th Lick birthday bash with a “Ladies of the 80’s” theme, I knew I had to be there!
It was held at Spider House Ballroom, an event and venue space with an attached bar that specializes in hand-crafted cocktails, as well as local, craft beers on tap, and nightly drink specials. The event was to celebrate Lick’s birthday but they wanted to donate 100% of the proceeds to benefit Hill Country Ride for AIDS.
Everyone was encouraged to dress up with their favorite 80s inspiration. So my sister and I got dolled up our neon clothes, fishnet accessories, and hairsprayed side hair for a night of dancing, drinks, and Lick ice cream!
To celebrate Lick’s birthday, they partnered with some awesome friends to make the night a complete success. For $10 you got access to UNLIMITED Lick, which featured 7 unique flavors for the party only.
- Amanda Rockman (Café No Sé, Mañana, Central Standard Kitchen and Bar) created “STAY GOLDEN,” yogurt fior di latte ice cream with honeycomb candy.
- Kendall Melton created “MOLLY RINGWALD,” strawberry cake and strawberry swirl in honey ice cream.
- Sascha Biesi (Skull and Cakebones) created “THYME AFTER TIME,” vegan lemon cake with lemon thyme syrum in creamy coconut-thyme ice cream.
- Amanda Bates (Tiny Pies) created “DIANE (FROM CHEERS),” which has pretzel crust pie with chocolate stout beer pastry cream and peanuts in honey vanilla bean ice cream.
- Tessa Halstead (Chocolaterie Tessa) created “DIRTY DANCING,” which has 70% dark Black and Tan truffles in chocolate ice cream.
- And Lick created “SHE WORKS HARD FOR THE HONEY,” honey ginger ice cream with fudgey chocolate swirl; and “PAPA DONT PEACH,” fresh peach sauce in a peach ice cream with a touch of Dulce Vida Tequila!
And Annie Ray was doing throwback photos styled with a neon backdrop, hits of the ’80s played by DJ Mahealani, there was a silent auction, some of Austin’s drag queens performing, (Topaz and Anise Manrowand) and Dulce Vida Tequila drink specials.
When Lick says unlimited, they mean unlimited, we were literally swimming in ice cream that night. We also had big eyes for social media, so we asked the nice ice cream scooping girl if we could have all 7 flavors in one bowl. And she delivered!
I am so happy for Lick Honest Ice creams that they’ve brought their yummy homemade ice cream to central Texas and look forward to many future scoops to come. If you get a chance to go pop in and score some ice cream, be sure to wish them a very happy birthday! And let them know, Dine With Shayda sent you!
Be sure to follow my daily food adventures on Instagram @DineWithShayda.