Third Annual Culinary Arts Career Conference – 2016
Austin Chefs & Culinary Pros Host 600 Central Texas High School Culinary Arts Students for Third Annual Culinary Arts Career Conference Showcase.
- What: Austin Food & Wine Alliance will host more than 600 culinary high school arts students from 23 area schools. Sharpen their job skills and knives for the Third Annual Culinary Arts Career Conference.
- Where: Palmer Events Center
- When: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, All-Day
Local Businesses & Nonprofits Serve Up a ‘Day of Culinary Career Inspiration.
Dozens of local businesses, entrepreneurs, artisan producers, chefs, food bloggers, and other culinary professionals will participate in the day-long conference.
- Aaron Franklin, celebrated owner and pitmaster of famed Franklin Barbecue, will share his story. And provide inspiration to students seeking a career in the culinary field.
- interactive competitions
- panel discussions
- culinary expo
High school students will gain a snapshot of the diverse culinary careers open to them in Central Texas. They will get insight into how to pursue those careers.
The Austin Food & Wine Alliance, a nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering awareness and innovation in the Central Texas culinary community will host students and teachers. There is no cost to students, schools, or school districts.
The career day is another tremendous effort to give back to the Austin community.
The Alliance will welcome high school students from Central Texas high schools including A&M Consolidated, Burnet, Cedar Park, Byron Steele, Cedar Ridge, Del Valle, College Station, East View, Floresville, Hutto, Lanier, Leon, Liberty Hill, Manor, Marshall, Navarro, Rouse, Samuel Clemens, San Marcos, Somerset, Taylor, Taft and Temple.
“As part of the education mission of the Austin Food & Wine Alliance, we want to extend our reach to area high school students who are already passionate about a culinary career,” said Mariam Parker, Alliance executive director. “Our goal is to provide an opportunity to learn about and gain inspiration from the diversity in career paths in the culinary world, as exemplified by Austin’s culinary professionals.”
- Whole Foods Market
- AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
- Giant Noise
- Premiere Events
- ABC Bank
- Austin Foodshed Investors
- Texas Beef Council
- Max Photography
- Fresa’s Chicken Al Carbon
- ATX Event Systems
- Balcones Recycling
- Texas Tea
- American Lamb Board
- Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts
- Culinary Agents
- World Peas
- Culinary Institute of America
- Ace Mart Restaurant Supply
The Austin Food & Wine Alliance annually hosts other Austin food events:
- Live Fire!, the annual spring kickoff event to the Austin Food & Wine Festival
- The Official Drink of Austin
- The Wine & Swine Pig Roast each fall
- A Series of Chef Wine and Dine dinners
For more info on volunteer and sponsorship opportunities, visit AustinFoodWineAlliance.org, call 512.348.6847, or email Info@AustinFoodWineAlliance.org. Stay up to date on facebook.com/austinfoodwinealliance and twitter.com/ATXFoodWineAlly